Monday, January 14, 2013

The wild blue yonder ...

It seems like yesterday that I said we "might" be heading off to Japan. Yet here we are, house in an absolute uproar as I get us ready to leave on Friday.


My roll on bag is filled with my lovely canon camera, my quilting and this ...

It's funny the stuff that sticks in your head. I was a very little girl when I saw a cartoon about a girl who was dressed up like a muskateer. I can barely remember it, but her image has stuck in my brain for a million years and it's taken me another million years to find out who she was and her made her. Questions solved :)

Princess knight in English or Knight of the Ribbon in Japanese by the legendary Osamu Tezuka. Anyone ever seen Kimba the White Lion or the original Astro Boy? The same guy. Anyways, it's her. Why have I remembered her all these years?

She had black hair? She had a sword?

What? Why? Well my local kids bookstore had two volumes in English . So there they are, tucked in my bag and ready to go. I am hoping to post pics
Here, especially of the quilt show. That's is if we can find the right power adapters before then.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think?