Thursday, October 13, 2011

I nearly died! ...

I just saw the date of my last post and nearly had a stroke. Was it really that long? Yup, that would be right. To be honest, it wasn't long after I wrote the last post that I was thinking about giving up quilting and sewing for ever. I had a really bad experience in a local quilt shop and it was enough to make me never want to touch my sewing ever again. Ever.

But like that was going to happen. I love to sew, I just love it and not doing it is like cutting off my arms. Or depriving me of music. Or good books, or hanging out with friends or spending heaps of time with Pickles.

Funnily enough I have had some quilting things begin to grow and perculate in my brain over the past couple of months and slowly and steadily I have found myself getting back into my quilting groove. I just thought by chance I should check on my poor little blog, languishing in the doldrums and then it all happened all of a sudden I am back writing.

There are some things I have to do over the next two weeks. I have another block carrier to make and another laptop bag, both for samples for classes I am scheduled to teach. So I thought I would pop them here. I decided to make them in a different colourway then I usually do (tones of green!), and some of the notions will be different because I am making them for a store and have to use things they have.

I'll put the details and pictures here, as well as design notes for the new quilts. Yes, that is "quilts" plural. I have about three that I am going to make up for other classes and I want to wax lyrical about the Slice Fabrique. And then there is the Bonnet Project, I am really looking forward to that and a bunch of other stuff all hanging around in the wings.

I am back this time. Big deep breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think?