Friday, June 4, 2010

Rain, Cats and bag in box ...


Any one want to see how sunny Sydney is today? You do? Well then, here you go!

Its been raining for days. Really bucketing down. Beatrix the wonder cat has the right idea, she decided for some unknown hair brained reason that she needed to go outside. She winged and complained until I put her out the back door. Five minutes later, seriously five minutes, the cat was standing at the back window. All I could see was a pink mouth and rows or sharp little teeth as she wailed her head off. And inside she came, and in front of the heater or snuggled up with one of her warm servants er humans and she hasn't moved since.

This is a bag. I'm serious, its a bag alright, bits of a bag. Its an Amy Butler tote and already its given me serious gyp. It took me hours to cut it all out, copy patterns , puzzle over instructions supposedly in English but are actually in Butler-ish. This bag isn't for me, its for some one else (mysterious wink) and I can you about the story of the bag in the next few posts but for the time being here are the bits, in a box.

Block Report: I have said to myself that I am going to try and complete one block a week for some of the quilts I am making. And to get the ball rolling, here is the very first block of my "Saturday afternoon with Eda" Quilt.

I am going to have to come up with something much better for carrying around my "on the go" quilting. Tonight, I am going to try to rustle up a bonza little purse I saw in a great Tutorial on Quiltsalott. Its a fab little thing, I have plans for this purse. I am going to make a bunch for friends for Christmas and tonight will be my dry run. It wont take long at all, which is good because I have a friend coming to stay from between 9 -10 pm tonight. Next big block of time I can wrangle will be to finish the bag bits.

Have a great weekend folks, I am endevouring to post on a Wednesday and Friday night from now on, and lets just see how that works. But for now, bon nuit lovelies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think?