Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Little Bow and the Katoomba Quilt Show ...






Hiya. Well, its been a little while. Six weeks. I have been in "interesting times" as in the old Chinese curse "may you live in interesting times." But, I did get to the Katoomba quilt show, interesting times or not. Here is Little Bow all hanging up. She was right near the front door, I thought she looked okay. I can't begin to tell you how much went into her, so to see her all finished ... finally, was nothing short of a relief. And I also have included some pics from the rest of show as well. It was a good show, and I'll be entering next year too. I already am building all the ideas for that quilt. It's called "Saturday afternoon with Eda." Anyway, here are the pics...











And the big news ... this was pinned to Little Bow ...

Katoomba was my very first quilt show, so this, well ... it was just lovely. I did go through a couple of days of thinking I had been in a field of three quilts and I had come last in three, but then I found out that there had been over 20 quilts in the category and I was just so pleased. Anyway, it was a big deal for me. Little Pickles was so funny, she has now turned into a major quilt critic. The show folks asked her if she wanted to vote in the popular choice category. She said she did, and then said she wasn't going to vote for me. She then had me walk around the show, taking pictures of the quilts she liked and then she sat on my knee and went through the pics so she could pic her favourite! She really makes me laugh ... I have a bunch of posts to come. Sorry about the silence, I'll promise to be good now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think?