Monday, April 26, 2010

Anzac Day ...

I'm going to pop this in here before I show you the lap top cover, yesterday was Anzac Day. As a lovely mate of mine in the US said in email yesterday "happy Anzac day, whatever the heck that is ..." so I thought I might put a wee word about Anzac day here in my little piece of the web-a-verse. To put it simply, Anzac day is the most important day in our year here. Its where we remember all of those men and women who have served in all the wars that our country have been involved in. A lot of folks seem to think that this is a glorification of war, but it isn't. We not saying war is amazing or fun, we as a nation say that a lot of precious precious aussie blood has been spilt in countries across the globe, and we remember them. And honour them. And say thank you. So that's Anzac day, its a big big deal. Tomorrow, I'll show you some pics and give you directions on making a lovely lap top cover, I love it and of course, I have to mention Spandau Ballet but for now ...

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

THE ODE - Laurence Binyan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think?