Sunday, November 22, 2009

I can't believe its all done ...





for the record ... I am just buggered. Saying "tired" doesn't really cut it, nor really describe the depth of weariness I am feeling right now. Please USA girls, don't be offended, here in Australia saying you are "buggered" means you are tired ... not what it means there. I have the kind of weariness that has made my feet throb up to my knees and my entire body aches. Its been a whopper of a week and at last, its all done. Doesn't help being a million degrees here in Sydney, the house is like an oven, so all three of us are camping out here in the living room with the air con going. The cat is no where to be seen.



I really want to talk to you guys about the quilt along I have committed to, but that will have to wait for a day or two. I am still getting all my bits together before starting. So I thought I would show you some piccies and have a moan about French General Fabrics. I am moaning about French General's new ranges for Moda because I just love them and I can see them keeping me poor for an age. I am moaning because I have been juts ruined by these fabrics. I am simply not interested in anything else but these. My brain is fizzy with ideas and with three or more ranges coming out form them next year, I will just have a constant stream of yum to play with. And write about here. And show you. And give you tutorials for too.

I'll save that for later, but for now, have a wee squiz:


Yup, its a letter. big bloody deal I hear you say. Well, it's here because for me its a monster deal. I am entering "Little Bow" in the Katoomba Quilt Show. My first quilt show, the girls at Country Pickins were really encouraging. lynne, legend Lynne was rally encouraging and as for my mate Lydia ... well, I have decided I am giving it a crack so telling you too. I'll let you know the ins and outs and all the gory details as we get closer to the show.

Picture no.2

The dollies all done. I think they turned out just great, even if my husband said they creeped him out and didn't understand them. But the little girls squeled and loved them and carted them around all day, everytime I looked at them, they were cuddling their dollies so I reckon that is a good sign.

These pics aren't great but they'll do for the moment, stay tuned for more on the quilt along and I want to also talk to you about "Studio-Rama" as well. Take it easy, and check back in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think?